Cone Health Women's Hospital, recruits one to two Family Medicine physicians as a Junior Faculty member into their well-established OB/GYN Faculty Practice. Our team includes 7 OB/GYNs, 11 certified nurse midwives, 6 nurse practitioners, and 1 physician assistant. The Faculty Practice works closely with the Wake Forest Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists who have a state of the art antenatal unit on site.
The hospital is a rotation site for Family Medicine Residents from the Cone Health Family Medicine training program, medical students from UNC-Chapel Hill, as well as physician assistant and midwifery students from area programs. Our robust service delivers approximately 1800 babies a year. We service several counties with our high risk clinic and level 3 NICU. The fellow can expect to be exposed to and feel comfortable managing diabetes, preterm labor, preeclampsia, chronic hypertension, multiple gestations, placentation abnormalities, thyroid disease, and many other medical problems complicating pregnancy.
Women's Hospital has its own Emergency Room where women can receive treatment for obstetrical and gynecological complaints. The fellow will be proficient at doing bedside ultrasounds, diagnosing ectopic pregnancies, evaluating pelvic pain, and abnormal bleeding. This education will be invaluable as one enters practice and encounters these complaints routinely.
Our clinical sites include:
- High risk obstetric clinic where the most complex cases are seen with attending supervision
- Low risk obstetric- clinic routine prenatal care, late prenatal care
- Gynecology clinic- annual exams, pelvic pain, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, dysplasia, etc.
- Infertility clinic- office infertility evaluations and treatments
- Family Medicine clinic- continuity patients shared with Dr. Pratt, work-ins
- Center for Women's Health Care at Stoney Creek Private practice office
- Center for Women's Health Care at Kernersville Private practice office
- Center for Women at Madison Private practice office
- Family Tree Private Practice office in Reidsville, NC
- Manage team of residents and students on labor and delivery shifts
- Evaluate and treat patients in clinics, approximately 10 per half day
- Prepare and present didactic teaching sessions
- Participate in rounds
- Take night and weekend call (approximately 4-5 per month)
Please visit: http://www.conehealth.com/locations/profile/?id=136
- Vaginal Deliveries - approximately 200
- Cesarean Section - approximately 120-150
- Operative Deliveries - approximately 10-15
- Post Partum Tubal Ligation - approximately 30
- D & C / D & E - variable depending on desire to learn
- Circumcision - 40-50
- Colposcopy - 40
- LEEP - approximately 15-20
- IUD insertions - > 30
- Endometrial Biopsies - >50
- Successful completion of Family Practice Residency with good recommendations
- Completed 80 vaginal deliveries
- Assisted on 10 cesarean sections
- 10 Circumcisions
Salary and Benefits:
The fellow receives a salary of $60,000. Benefits include 20 days of sick and vacation time, one week of CME, $1500 of CME funds, and occurrence malpractice.
As the state's first freestanding hospital dedicated to women, The Women's Hospital of Greensboro is a 145-bed hospital providing state-of-the-art, compassionate and personalized care to women in every stage of their lives.
Women's Hospital programs and services include:
- 36-bed Level III NICU
- Family-centered maternity care
- Maternal and infant specialists
- High-risk obstetrical program
- 24-hour in-house anesthesia care including epidural services
- Breastfeeding consultants for inpatient and outpatient consultation
- Day surgery program
- Medical and surgical care inpatient surgical program featuring laser and laparoscopic procedures
- Da Vinci Robotics
- Adult intensive care
- The Women's Education Center
Greensboro is a city of more than 280,000 people, with a regional population of approximately 1 million. It is great location right in the center of North Carolina, about 2 hours from the Blue Ridge Mountains and about 4 hours from NC and SC beaches. Arts, education, and recreation are plentiful in Greensboro, including outstanding schools, the prestigious Eastern Music Festival, concerts, lakes, bike trails and parks, numerous organizations and clubs, great shopping, and dining. Greensboro is home to many sporting events including the annual PGA Wyndham Championship and more. Greensboro has a four-season with moderate, short winters and beautiful “Carolina Blue” skies.
Greensboro-High Point, NC has recently been ranked as a prime area in the country for doctors to live and work in the “2016 Best Places for Physicians and Surgeons” report released by careers and personal finance website, GoodCall.com. The area was ranked #14 "Best Big City" in the US for having high salaries, affordable cost of living and a great job market for physicians and surgeons https://www.goodcall.com/data-center/2016-best-places-physicians-and-surgeons.
- City of Greensboro
- Greensboro Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Guilford County Schools
- Greensboro Country Club
- Sedgefield Country Club
- Forest Oaks Country Club
- Guilford County Magnet and Charter Schools
- Private Schools in Guilford County
- Census Data for Greensboro
- Video of the Piedmont Area
- Women's Hospital